Restore from automatic backups
Savings makes automatic backup of your data periodically. Here is how to access them and restore them if you need to.
- Open Savings, make sure iCloud is turned off in Preferences. Quit Savings.
- Open Finder, click the Go menu, and select “Go to Folder…”
- Copy and paste the following text into the text field, then click “Go”:
- You should see a Backups folder, in there are backups named by date and time. You can double click to unzip one and see the content within it.
- Inside the Application Support folder, you also see a folder named “Savings”. This contains your database. Rename this folder to something like “Savings_original”, and replace it with the backup folder you unziped in the previous step. Rename the backup folder to “Savings”.
- Now open Savings. You should see the restored data. If the restored data doens’t contain the data you want, you can repeat steps 4 and 5 until you see the data you want.
- If you have chosen a restored data, and if you have turned off iCloud in step 1, follow the “Reset iCloud Sync” section in this article to reset iCloud data and re-enable sync. If you don’t do this, iCloud will still have data from your original database.