Where is the data saved?
Savings’ data is stored inside the “Library” folder on your Mac. To access it, follow the steps below.
- Open Finder, click the Go menu, and select “Go to Folder…”
- Copy and paste the following text into the text field, then click “Go”:
- The Application Support folder inside the resulting folder contain all of Savings’ data.
If you want to move or replace this folder, make sure Savings is not running on the Mac where the folder is being moved.
Here are a few scenarios where you may want to make changes to this folder:
- You want to start over with a new database and archive the old one. If so, just rename the Application Support folder to another name. Next time you launch Savings, a new Application Support folder will be created.
- If you want to restored a database archived in the above method, just copy the Application Support to this location and rename it to “Application Support”. Next time Savings launches, it will see this folder and use its data.
Please note, if you have iCloud sync turned on, make sure you turn it off before you change the Application Support folder. After you change the Application Support folder, follow the “Reset iCloud Sync” section in this article to reset iCloud data and re-enable sync. If you don’t do this, iCloud will still have data from your original database.